Friday, January 12, 2007

Dog Poop and More Crap

My dog has been salivating for the last few days figuratively speaking. Dogs normally salivate a lot, but the change of behaviour in my dog has been stimulated by the fact that the pavements in front of my flat in Worli, Mumbai has just been expensively relaid by BMC. What has new pavements got to do with dogs salivating? Everthing, especially in Mumbai. My dog and all my neighbours' dogs in fact all the dogs of the society which has 14 buildings want to crap on the new pavement. On being asked they reply that such is the trend in the trendier part of the town such as Nariman Point. The Dogs in my locality just want to follow the latest trend.Things came to a pass some days backwhen my dog sat on his haunches and was just about to do it. I had to unceremoniously pull him up and explain the following to him:1. As conscious citzens and citydogs we should supplement the efforts of the government to keep the city clean.2. I do not have 500 bucks to give away as fine nor do I have Jonny Josheph's (Municipal Commissioner) mobile number to call him3. I am not famous enough to start a civil disobedience over dog poop and get mindshare4. I do not have access to newspaper space to run my campaign. Finally, I also mentioned to my dog that should he feels too strong about crapping on new pavements, he should walk down to Nariman Point and do it there, since there is someone who will encourage him to do so and support his cause.
My dog was more reasonable than I thought and actually gave up his right to crap on clean pavemments.

Wow, Wow

No comments: